Visit this page for the most up-to-date Parksville Newcomers news. You will find the latest issue of the monthly Newsletter March 2019 and info on upcoming PNC special events, monthly meetings and upcoming community events.
PNC Online Store
Parksville Newcomer Club members can now purchase memberships, name badges and special event tickets online. Click here for more info.
April Monthly Meeting
Wednesday April 3 at 1:30 p.m. at the Parksville Community Centre. There will be two community presentations – one from Broombusters and one from the Parksville Lawn Bowling Club. There will also be brief presentations on PNC’s Ladies Golf and Men’s Golf activity groups.
Last month Emergency Preparedness speaker Chad McGuillvrary, owner of the Lantzville company “GetmyKit”, offered PNC members his deluxe kit for two at a $50 discount plus his car emergency kit for free which has a retail value of $98. He extended this offer to members up to and including the April 3rd meeting. Any members interested should contact Chad at email@example.com or 1-888-673-1222 and identify themselves as PNC members.
March PNC Activities at a Glance
5th 2:00 p.m. Bowling
6th 10:30 a.m. Coffee Chatters
6th 1:00 p.m. Bridge Mixed
13th 7:00 p.m. Euchre
13th 10:30 a.m. Coffee Chatters
13th 1:00 p.m. Bridge Mixed
16th 5:30 p.m. Pub Night at Smoke ‘N Water
19th 2:00 p.m. Bowling
20th 10:30 a.m. Coffee Chatters
20th 1:00 p.m. Bridge Mixed
20th 1:30 p.m. Arts and Crafts Group at Serious Coffee
20th 7:00 p.m. Wine Appreciation
20th 7:00 p.m. Euchre
22nd Ladies Lunch at Gary’s Bistro
Tuesdays 9:45 a.m. Walking Group
Saturdays 9:15 a.m. Walking Group
(Details for all group activities including those above can be found here.)
2019 Walking Group Winter/Spring Schedule
The 2019 schedule is now available. Click Winter 2019 to see it.
PNC Volunteer Opportunities
The board is looking for a Director of Community Relations to co-ordinate speakers for the monthly meetings. Also need Special Events Director(s). If you are interested please contact PNC President Mick Howland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch – Ladies is looking for a volunteer. Contact Coordinator Nancy Donovan email@example.com
Have you an idea for a new activity and would be willing to be that groups co-ordinator? Contact Susan McAlevy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mar 3 – Magic Show Fundraiser 3:00 pm at Parksville Community & Conference Centre, $10-15
- Mar 6 – Food Sense: Healthy Cooking on a Budget 5:30 pm at Coombs Fair Grounds, Arrowsmith Hall – 6-week program
- Mar 8 – International Women’s Day
- Mar 9 – Retrospect “The Beatles & Beyond”, Ground Zero Acoustic Lounge – $25
- Mar 15 – Lizzy Hoyt Celtic Folk Trio, Errington Hall, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $20 Must be purchased in advance at Cranky Dog (cash only)
- Mar 15-28 – Art from the Attic Sale 10:00 am at Old School House Arts Centre – buying and selling
- Mar 23 – Catspan Huge Book & Garage Sale 9:00 am at Parksville Community & Conference Centre
- Mar 23 – Brandt Wildlife Festival – Birds, Basic ID and Bird-watching at North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre 9:00 to 12:00 p.m.
- Mar 24 – Knox Presents…the Greater Victoria Police Chorus 2:00 pm at Knox United Church, $17-20
- Mar 30 – Community Arts & Crafts Garage Sale at the MAC, 9:00 am at McMillan Arts Centre, $25
Monthly Community Meetings
- Arrowsmith Needle Arts Guild, 9:30, 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at Qualicum Beach Civic Centre
- Metal Arts Guild of Vancouver Island – Meets the last Tuesday of every month at the MAC, 133 McMillan Road, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. This group is for metal artists of all skill levels and metal mediums. For info call 250-240-2822
- Parksville Probus Club, 8:30 a.m. third Monday of each month at Quality Resort Bayside
- Arbutus Toastmasters, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. every Monday at the Parksville Community and Conference Centre. For more info visit www.arbutus.toastmastersclubs.org.