Visit this page for the most up-to-date Parksville Newcomers news. You will find the latest issue of the monthly newsletter Newsletter November 2018 and info on upcoming PNC special events, monthly meetings and upcoming community events.
Next Monthly Meeting
Thursday November 1 at Parksville Community Centre at 6:30 p.m. in the Garry Oaks and Arbutus Room.
New Time for Monthly Meeting Starting December 6th
The meetings for the next three months starting in December will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Parksville Community Centre.
Upcoming PNC Special Events
Ladysmith Festival of Lights – Thursday November 29 – 2:00 p.m. – Fee $45
Bus trip to Ladysmith to see its enormously popular “Festival of Lights”. This event is a favourite with Newcomers so get your name on the list at the November monthly meeting or contact Special Events Co-ordinators Les and Sharon Brocklesby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Party with Qualicum Beach Newcomers at Tigh-Na-Mara on Thurs. December 13th with band Doctors of Rock N Roll, Dinner 6:30 and dance till 10:30. Tickets $60 each – only 20 tickets available – contact Sharon Brocklesby email@example.com if interested (cheques will be payable to QB Newcomers)
November PNC Activities at a Glance
6th 2:00 pm Bowling
17th 5:30 pm Pub Night – Quality Resort Bayside
20th 1:00 p.m. Book Club 2
20th 2:00 pm Bowling
29th 2:00 p.m. Special Event – Ladysmith Festival of Lights
30th 12:30 p.m. Lunch – Ladies. – Details TBA
(Details for all group activities including those above can be found here.)
PNC Volunteer Opportunities
The incoming board is looking for a Director of Community Relations to co-ordinate speakers for the monthly meetings. The board is also looking for a volunteer to take on what is sometimes referred to as the Sargent at Arms role. This individual is responsible for room set up for the monthly meetings (liaising with facility staff) and selling 50/50 draw tickets. If you are interested please contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
November Community Events
- Nov 1 – Carley Dow sings @ Ground Zero Lounge at 7:30 pm, cost $15-$20
- Nov 2 – Random Act of Kindness Day
- Nov 3 – Parksville Lioness Christmas Craft Fair, 10:00 am @ Parksville Community Centre – 80 crafters display and sell their work
- Nov 3 – Kairos World Craft Bazaar, 10:00 am @ Knox United Church – vendors supporting fair trade
- Nov 4 – Great Canadian Songbook, 2:30 pm @ Knox United Church
- Nov 5 – Chair Yoga, 11:00 am @ Bare Roots Natural Health & Yoga Centre
- Nov 7 – Family Flu Clinic, 3:00 pm @ Family Place, Parksville
- Nov 7-11 – Echo Players presents “Vancouver Island One Act Play Festival”, 7:30 pm, Cost $10-12
- Nov 10 – Knox 14th Annual “Perfect Gift” Christmas Craft Fair, 9:30 am @ Knox United Church
- Nov 10 – Luke Blu Guthrie, 6:30 pm @ Mount Arrowsmith Brewing Co.
- Nov 11 – Remembrance Day
- Nov 13 – Qualicum Beach Garden Club 7:00 p.m. @ QB Civic Centre – Winter planters, creating wreaths, Non Members $3
- Nov 15 – Downtown Qualicum Beach Moonlight Madness, 5:30 p.m. town square light up, shopping
- Nov 16-Dec 30 – “Little Women” at Chemainus Theatre
- Nov 17-18 – Parksville Fire Department Food & Toy Drive, 9:00 am – fireman will go door-to-door to collect items
- Nov 17 – PQB Oceanside Artisans Winter Market, 9:00 am @ QB Legion
- Nov 17 – Tops BC 3201 Nanoose Annual Christmas Bazaar, 10:00 am @ Nanoose Library
- Nov 17 – Christmas Showcase, 11:00 am @ Pioneer Wellness Centre
- Nov 23 – 11th Annual Christmas Extravaganza, 10:00 am, Oceanside Grandmothers to Grandmothers @ Quality Resort Bayside
- Nov 24 – QB Winterfest, 10:00 am @ QB Civic Centre – buy local from artisans and crafters
- Nov 28 – Tigh-Na-Mara Toy Drive Breakfast, 6:30 am – supporting the SOS Christmas activities
- Nov 30-Dec 19 – VIU’s Milner Christmas Magic, 5:00 pm
- Nov 30 – Errington Hall – Silver Screen Scoundrels Silent Films, music and comedy $20 For ticket info visit http://www.erringtonhall.ca/events.htm
Monthly Community Events
- Arrowsmith Needle Arts Guild, 9:30, 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at Qualicum Beach Civic Centre
- Parksville Probus Club, 8:30 a.m. third Monday of each month at Quality Resort Bayside
Community Volunteer Opportunity
North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre (1240 Leffler Rd., Errington) holding its Volunteer Information and Orientation Session on November 7 from 1:30 to 3:30. Applications need to be completed beforehand. For more info call 250-248-8534. For more info on volunteering and to download the application form visit https://www.niwra.org/contribute/