Our next meeting is Wednesday, June 3rd
Time: 2:00 pm Location: Online via Zoom.
The Parksville Newcomers Club is going virtual with our June meeting! Join us online on Zoom, from the comfort of your home.
With Zoom, it’s not necessary to download their app. You can access our meeting through your web browser by following the link below. On our website, we’ve posted some screenshots so you can easily see what to click in order to view on your browser.
Access information was provided in the June email newsletter (sent May 30th). For security/privacy reasons we’re not publishing the meeting ID and password on our website or on our Facebook page. If you are a member and did not receive the email newsletter, check your spam filter to see if it’s there or contact email@example.com well in advance of the meeting.
Jason Kuffler, Sales and Marketing Officer for Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) will join us on Zoom to talk about VIRL’s online resources and soon-to-be-launched Takeout Services for the physical libraries.
In the meantime, Jason shares these links:
- Creativebug is VIRL’s cool new platform for artists and crafters, providing unlimited access to thousands of online art and craft classes, and award-winning video classes taught by top designers and artists.
- Recent news release outlining VIRL’s many online resources
- Sign up online to access the eLibrary’s online entertainment and educational resources.
Jackie Ferguson has been a member of the Qualicum Beach Garden Club for 12 years. She’ll give us a brief introduction to their club of gardening enthusiasts and speak to how the Eaglecrest Garden Club is slightly different.
Meanwhile, check out the club’s “Links of Interest” page with a variety of resources, such as how to grow lemons and limes in South Coastal British Columbia!
We’ll also have time in the meeting for discussion about:
- how everyone’s doing during these strange and challenging times,
- group activities,
- the potential for holding a special event picnic in July, and
- the AGM scheduled for September.
We’ve missed you and we’re looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, even with everyone in their own homes. It’s the Parksville Newcomers Club Meeting – At Home!